First Presbyterian Church of Spartanburg, SC is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. We are a 2300-member downtown church actively involved in mission and serving the surrounding community.
The Director of Children’s Ministries supports the general teaching ministry of the church, with particular responsibilities for programming for children, birth through 5th grade. Working closely with the Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Communications and the Education & Discipleship Committees, the person in this position administers all children’s ministry programs, including those for early childhood, childcare, Wednesdays at First, Sunday School, and Children’s Worship. The Director of Children’s Ministries also works collaboratively to develop and implement a vision for children’s ministry; to address all pressure points facing the children’s ministry; and implement strategic and long-term initiatives toward a thriving, sustainable children’s ministry; and to evaluate the overall effectiveness of children’s ministry programs with a vision for how the ministry can be further developed through existing and new programming.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Developing relationships and fostering community with children and their families.
- Recruiting and equipping a team of adults to serve in the children’s ministry.
- Overseeing and conducting necessary administrative functions to sustain a healthy children’s ministry.
- Planning and conducting weekly programming (Sunday morning and Wednesday evening) as well as special events.
- Providing mission and service opportunities, both local and abroad.
- Collaborating with church staff and other ministries in the investment of children.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of church-wide retreats and projects with committees as needed, with special emphasis on children’s programs.
- Working in conjunction with the Parish Nurse to plan, resource and staff the Open Path Sunday morning class for special needs children and adults.
- Continuing to build on the relationship with the Weekday School, including leadership of weekly chapel.
- A passionate and contagious faith in Jesus Christ.
- A love of children.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Christian education or related field.
- Seasoned directorship, with at least 2 years of experience in Christian Education.
- Ability to work well with supervisor, volunteers, parents, and colleagues.
- Excellent communication, administration, and organizational skills.
- Pastoral approach to work and relationships.
- Willingness and ability to support and encourage parents as their child’s “first teacher” and promote positive family relationships.
- Knowledge of the Bible and Reformed theology and a commitment to lifelong learning and growth.
- Strong leadership, teaching, and recruiting abilities.
- Administration of programs and leadership of volunteers.
- Knowledge and development of curriculum as well as new educational resources, delivery models, and experiences.
- Flexibility and spirit of generosity.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch with...
Sara Bailey // email@example.com.
Ministry Architects posts multiple jobs on behalf of churches that we partner with in a search process.
Ministry Architects exists to: DESIGN sustainable, deep-impact ministries, one church at a time. BUILD the competence, joy and longevity of ministry professionals. CONSTRUCT bridges to the best ministry resources available today.