First Presbyterian Church offers a Welcome Class that is open to all visitors interested in joining our church. This five week course is offered three times annually: autumn, winter, and spring. The Welcome Class meets at 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. during the Sunday School hour in Room 2200 located upstairs in our main building.
All interested in becoming members of First Presbyterian Church at the end of the Welcome Class are invited do so by one of the following methods:
- Profession of Faith: A baptized person makes a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Certificate of Transfer: A person who is a member of another Christian Church asks for a letter of transfer.
- Reaffirmation of Faith: A person is asked to reaffirm his or her faith in Jesus Christ.
- Baptism: A person who has not been baptized does so by making public his or her profession of faith and receiving baptism after instruction and examination by the Session.
- Affiliate Member: A person who is a member of another church but temporarily spends time in Spartanburg and wishes to be officially connected to First Presbyterian can do so while maintaining membership at their present church.
Read A Note from Our Congregation on life at First Presbyterian.
If you have questions about the Welcome Class or if you are interested in joining First Presbyterian Church, please contact the church (583-4531).
July 19, 2013