…Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind…
The Health Ministry Program focuses on the interconnectedness of the mind, body and spirit in providing the forum to assist individuals, families and groups of people to manage the gifts God has given them to become good stewards of their health and well being.
The Health Minister is a registered nurse who is a member of the ministerial staff and is commissioned by the congregation. In collaboration with the Senior Pastor and the Health Ministry Committee, the Health Minister does not provide personal illness care but instead offers health promotion and illness prevention activities for the congregation.
- Providing educational programs that promote wellness and health for all age levels of the congregation, including health screenings.
- Offering compassion, a listening ear, and health resources information for individuals who wish to discuss health concerns.
- Assisting and empowering people to become active partners in the management of their personal health resources.
- Connecting church and community resources, including referral to services related to health.
- Strengthening capacities of the congregation to understand and care for one another in light of their relationship to God, faith practices, themselves and society.
Updated February 21, 2012